At Breakthrough, community involvement, volunteering, and participation are essential. By collaborating with members of the community can we continue striving towards educational equity among the underrepresented in the academic community.
Here are some ways to get involved!
- Mentor a student through college and scholarship applications.
- Become a high school volunteer or college volunteer to tutor and help our Breakthrough middle school students.
- Help plan a fundraising event, or host a fundraising social event with your friends.
- Host a Breakthrough SJC teaching fellow in your home for two months in the summer.
- Host an information session about Breakthrough SJC at your community organization or group.
- Set up support for Breakthrough SJC events and special activities.
- Help with administrative office work.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com