Breakthrough San Juan Capistrano has a College Mentoring Program for our high school juniors and seniors. Mentors will be paired with one of our juniors to assist in their college application process through their senior year. By assisting with the college application process, mentors will contribute to our mission of putting our students on the trajectory of a successful college path!
Mentors will provide support for students in a number of different ways, including:
- Personal statement writing
- Researching colleges and creating a college list
- Applying to colleges
- Applying to scholarships
Benefits of mentoring Breakthrough students:
- Mentors guide highly motivated students to achieve their ultimate goal of attending a four-year college or university
- Mentors use their knowledge and expertise to set up a path for underrepresented students to achieve lasting academic and personal success
- Mentors build relationships with students in the San Juan Capistrano community that foster growth both as a student and as an individual
If you are interested in serving as a college mentor, please join our email list where we will send out information regarding the next College Mentor Program application cycle. The application for college mentors is closed, and updates regarding the next application cycle will be posted mid-fall 2019.
For additional information regarding the College Mentor Program, please contact Sam Geary at email@example.com or (949) 661-0108 ext. 1350.