Breakthrough SJC is having a tremendous impact on its students
- Since 2006, Breakthrough has served over 300 students from the San Juan Capistrano community
- Most students remain in the program for six years, beginning in seventh grade through high school.
- Breakthrough currently serves 65 middle school students from Marco Forster Middle School and 109 students from Capistrano Valley high schools.
- The average GPA of our middle school students is 3.7.
We provide tuition-free, year-round support from middle school until college graduation. Our program provides students with:
- Summer Program: Three consecutive years of intensive six-weeks in core and academic courses.
- Middle School Program After-school tutoring and enrichment twice a week throughout the school year to ensure success in current and future middle school classes.
- High School Program: After-school tutoring twice a week throughout the school year for high school students and monthly college prep workshops.
- College Mentor Program: A community member is paired with a senior to support them through the college admissions process (ACT/SAT preparation, essays, college lists, applications, financial aid and matriculation)
- College Program: Guiding students towards success college graduation with check-ins and workshops.